Hello! I’m Jieni Kao, a Taiwanese illustrator and designer.
I graduated from the National Yunlin University of Science and Technology with a Bachelor of Design. Currently I live in Edinburgh studying my MA majoring in Illustration. Mostly I draw some food illustration but also spend a lot of time making zines and writing blog. Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries, commissions, and collaborations!
． email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipes By JieniKao
DO IT YOURSELF
1. Mix 100g of butter with 60g of powdered sugar and salt, and beat them until the light yellow color appears. Then add whole egg and sieved cake flour, stir evenly and cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Mix almond flour with 100g of maple syrup, some water and egg whites, stir evenly.
3. Roll the tart dough, place it on the mold, refrigerate for 15 minutes and pour the almond filling on the top. Bake in the oven at 180oC (upper and lower heating) for 20 minutes.
4. Steam purple sweet potatoes, mash them and mix them with 24g of maple syrup, 16g of butter, 30g of whipped cream and milk and stir evenly. Put them in a pastry bag and squeeze into the tart.
5. Mix the Mascarpone whipped cream with 60g of whipped cream, 10g of powdered sugar, and beat them well. Put them in a pastry bag and garnish the tart with cream flowers.